"If you have worked in an office in the Western world in the past 25 years, you will probably have sat through a PowerPoint presentation. But there's a problem. They're often boring", writes presentation expert Max Atkinson for the BBC News Magazine.
In a lively article, Max summarises some of the key problems with PowerPoint, including:
- Presenter's spending more time talking to their slides than the audience
- Distracting the audience by forcing them to read and listen simultaneously
- Slides as crutches for the presenter - not visual aids for the audience
- Death by a thousand bullet points - information overload
- Being led astray by built in templates.